In accordance with the South African Reserve Bank’s second Amended Directive 1 of 2017, authenticated early debit orders (AEDO) and non-authenticated early debit orders (NAEDO) will be sunset on 31 October 2021.
In this regard, AEDO and NAEDO payment instructions will not be permitted with effect from 1 November 2021. DebiCheck and EFT payment instructions will continue to process.
The following must be considered as a result of the sunsetting of AEDO and NAEDO:
1. The last day of processing AEDO and/or NAEDO transactions will end on Sunday, 31 October 2021.
2. Since the end date falls on a Sunday, all requirements would need to be done prior to this if needed, considering six or seven days processing for banks.
3. All AEDO and NAEDO migrations must have been completed by 31 October 2021.
4. Tracking on these transactions will continue after 31 October 2021, until the end of the tracking period indicated in the payment instruction.
5. Disputes handling, tracking of payment instructions, stop payment instructions, unpaid responses and recalls will still be permitted after 31 October 2021 as indicated in the BankservAfrica notice.
BankservAfrica has corresponded to the industry regarding system closure dates with bank notice 02/2021. Further correspondence detailing the impact on the various system features will follow closer to the October sunset date.
Should you require additional information regarding the sunsetting of AEDO and NAEDO debit orders, kindly contact your sponsoring bank or system operator.